[UPDATE: SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED]
So here are all the terms and conditions for the competition announced earlier on completion of our first year!
The theme for the competition is ‘ABANDONED’. The theme is open to the entrant’s interpretation and can be from any genres and/or disciplines of photography (street, landscape, portraiture, journalism, fine art… etc.)
Golu Photos, New Delhi and Writing Through Light ( “Sponsors” )
Call for Entries for #WTLAt1 (” The Competition “) begin from 12:00 AM on 18th of JUNE 2016 [today] and will remain open for a week (7 Days) till 11.59PM IST on 24th JUNE 2016. By submitting an entry, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to the Official Rules and agrees that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules[below] and the decisions of Sponsors.
This is a competition based on photography skill and not a “give-away” chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
Who Can Enter
Contest is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority (18 years) in the State of India. The contest is open only to individuals of Indian nationality. Officers, directors and employees of Golu Photos and/or Writing Through Light, and its subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
How to Enter
Each entry consists of an a single photograph (“Submission”)
Entries are limited to only 1 (one) per entrant.
Entries can be submitted in any one the following 2 (two) ways:
a) Send your entries via email to email@example.com with the your name and theme stated in the subject line.
b) Submit via Instagram by uploading a new picture. Tag us in the entry and use the hashtag #WTLAt1
1. Only online entries are eligible. Entries mailed in and/ or delivered by hand in any form will not be accepted.
2. Photographs must be in digital format. Scans of images shot on film or scans of prints can be submitted.
3. Size of files submitted must be 10 megabytes or smaller and must be in JPEG or .jpg format. DO NOT SUBMIT ORIGINAL RAW FILES. Entries must be at least 1,500 pixels wide (if a horizontal orientation) or 1,500 pixels tall (if a vertical orientation). To put it in simpler words, minimum length on the longest side should be 1,500 pixels.
4. Only minor colour correction, burning and dodging and White Balance correction is allowed. Cropping should not exceed more than 25 percent of the original image size. In camera colour swapping or applying colour bias filters is not allowed. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are acceptable, however it should be stated in the image description. Any un-warranted changes (cloning, colour swapping etc.) made to the submitted image not itemised here are unacceptable and will render the photograph ineligible for a prize.
5. The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original work but the contestant. By entering the Contest, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant. The contestant agrees that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, living or dead, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
6. The photograph must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. The sponsors have the right to reject an image on their sole discretion if they violate any of the said content guidelines.
7. The copyright for the submitted image rests with the respective contestant. The sponsors do not claim copyright on any of the submitted images. Watermarks on the image are not acceptable.
8. The contestant agrees that his/ her submitted images may be used for promotional purposes by the sponsors.
1. Any Submission that, in Sponsor’s good faith judgment, violates the Submission Requirements will be disqualified. Submissions must be received by the end of the submission period (detailed above.)
2. No substitutions of new versions of Submissions will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Submission is submitted for consideration.
3. Any Submission that is considered by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion to be obscene, pornographic, libelous, hate speech or otherwise objectionable, in whole or in part, will be disqualified.
4. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
5. Sponsors reserve the right to examine the original photograph/source material (RAW file) in order to confirm compliance with these rules.
A total of two (2) prizes will be announced. (Referred here on as “First Prize” and “Second Prize”)
The total worth of the two prizes does not exceed INR 10,000/- (Actual Retail Price of prizes may vary. Actual value of individual prizes may also vary.Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value, if any.)
The Prizes will be provided by Golu Photos in partnership with Writing Through Light.
Prizes will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. All portions of the prize(s) are non-assignable, non-transferable and exchangeable.
Winners will be announced on 28th of June 2016 and notified subsequently.
Submissions are now OPEN!
For any clarifications or to submit: firstname.lastname@example.org