[UPDATE1- Sigma India is still filling us in on the exact pricing and availability of these lenses. We’ll update as soon as more is known to us. Please keep checking in.]
[UPDATE2- Lens will be available in Nikon, Canon and Sigma mounts]
After the Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 lens gathered huge popularity, Sigma today launched another breath taking lens in the form of the 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art. Sigma Art series lenses have been gathering a huge following due to their colour and contrast reproductions and especially their sharpness, even when shooting wide open.
This is the world’s first APS-C lens with constant f/1.8 aperture.
Factoring in the APS-C image circle of 1.5x, the 50-100mm F1.8 covers three popular short tele prime focal lengths: 85mm, 105mm and 135mm. Like the 18-35mm F1.8, the new 50-100mm F1.8 maintains a constant F1.8 aperture yielding exceptional brightness and resolution throughout the zoom, while simultaneously maintaining focus as the lens is zoomed, a feature video shooters will surely appreciate.
- Features three FLD (F Low Dispersion) glass elements, one SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element, and one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element to minimize aberrations.
- Redesigned and enhanced, the new Hyper Sonic Motor is 30% slimmer and provides fast and accurate AF.
- Highly durable polycarbonate diaphragm made with fluorine; blades feature carbon feather film offering exceptionally smooth operation even during continuous shooting.
- Inner focusing and zoom design offer versatile shooting options
- Tripod socket for stable, comfortable operation
- Features 21 elements / 15 groups, Minimum Aperture: F1.6, 82mm filter thread,
Both Indian and International pricing or availability is not yet knows, we shall update as soon as it is known to us. This is surely one of the most exciting news as far as most recent lens releases go, so be sure to check back in for more.
If you like our content, don’t forget to show us your support-
Receive regular e-mail updates by subscribing to our Newsletter